AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a Wii and now want to find some good component cables. I have found I should only get Nintendo Brand but yet they are a price premium. What are some good suggestions of component cables? I am willing to pay more for cables that work better than others and most of all hope to find something that is available now. As well, if anyone knows where I can find wiimotes or nunchuks online for purchase let me know.

· Registered
536 Posts
That link leads to the Psyclone cables, not Monster. And they're double the price of the Nintendo-branded ones.

Depending on your TV (especially if you have a fixed-pixel display like and LCD) you might actually enjoy the Wii's visuals more with composite instead of component. Component cables will show all the flaws and glitches that Composite interlaced signals hide.

· Registered
345 Posts
I'm using the $25 React components and I think it looks fine. Refering to an earlier post, I've actually not read good things about the Monster cables.

Since I only have first hand experience with the Reacts, I'm only saying this based on what I read, but it seems like most people are plenty happy with the Reacts. Like nbuubu said, if you have a fixed pixel rate you may not even like component because the wii is only 480p. Also, people have reported that the $25 React cables from BB and the $20 (I forget the brand name) component cables from Walmart are the same things, just repackaged. Hope this helps.

· Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting Guy /forum/post/0

...and the $20 (I forget the brand name) component cables from Walmart are the same things, just repackaged. Hope this helps.

That would be the Psyclone ones you're thinking about...and they also are a viable inexpensive third-party Wii component cable option.

· Registered
784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGoldberg /forum/post/0

I got the Penguin United cables. Less than $20 delivered to my door in 3 days:

http://www.penguinunited.com/?gclid=...FSivYAoda21G0Q

They also have a premium gold set for $30 if that's your thing. Good looking pic on my 57" Hitachi RPTV.

FWIW, I bought the same cables ($14.99 + a few bucks shipping) and received them within 3 days. They work great (on my Sony LCD RPTV).

Mitch

· Registered
976 Posts
Gamestop is offering its own 6.5 ft. Wii component video cable, made by madcatz, in China. The price is $50, and from the outside it looks like cheap gold plating, and an equally cheap male barrel and split tip pin. Anyone desperate enough to buy this, and how does it look?

· Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuubu /forum/post/0

Depending on your TV (especially if you have a fixed-pixel display like and LCD) you might actually enjoy the Wii's visuals more with composite instead of component. Component cables will show all the flaws and glitches that Composite interlaced signals hide.

But the color will still be better with component cables, no matter if you output in 480i or 480p, right?

I'm running 480i (old 27" Sony Wega that has no digital mode) and I could swear that the colors look better over component than composite, but maybe I'm just fooling myself. It's really hard to do a side-by-side test with one tv & one wii.

If so, then 480i over composite should be the choice for those who can't take the jaggies that 480p provide.

· Registered
3,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie W. Holmes /forum/post/0

Gamestop is offering its own 6.5 ft. Wii component video cable, made by madcatz, in China. The price is $50, and from the outside it looks like cheap gold plating, and an equally cheap male barrel and split tip pin. Anyone desperate enough to buy this, and how does it look?

Color me desprate but they work fine. For those who don't mind waiting a few days though, you can get the orignal Nintendo ones as well as any other we accessory shipped directly from them:

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...rderTotal=null

I Got a lan adapter and a nunchuck attachment from there in a matter of days useing their fast shipping option.

· Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledzep77 /forum/post/0

Poor audio picking up some interference and horrible video quality. Maybe you got a good set and I got a bad set. Just reporting I ordered these and they are unusable. Results may vary.

I get a significant amount of interference on mine as well, and figured (based on another thread here) that it was the fault of the Wii itself. Have you been able to confirm that other cables do not have audible interference??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.