AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking for some tech advice from a guru...

I have a home computer (specs below) and have been using one monitor (ASUS VS228) with a DVI cable into my graphics card. I recently purchased a second ASUS VS228 monitor and want to know if I should use an (a) HDMI to HMDI cable for my 2nd monitor, or a (b) DVI to HDMI converter cable. (obviously my first monitor is already occupying the DVI spot on the graphics card). 

Would there be any noticeable difference either way?  Or am I going about the set-up all wrong? System details shown below.

Thanks in advance!

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570 Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 - 2GB - HIS IceQ - Cooler, Quieter - Single Card

Monitor: 22" LED 1920x1080 -- ASUS VS228H-P (21.5 viewable)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Osirus23. A basic follow-up question; are there varying levels of quality for either the HDMI-HDMI or DVI-HDMI cables?

Is there a brand that dominates the market on the high end or am I over-training and any cable will do?

Thanks again - the response time on this site is epic. You contributors rock!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hello - I have a new challenge facing me that I'm hoping someone can help me with...

I have 2 monitors (ASUS VS228H-P) - one running on DVI-DVI and the other on HDMI-HDMI both via my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7870).

My "DVI" monitor is set to 1920x1080 and is working properly filling the screen. The recently added "HDMI" monitor, on the other hand, is showing a 1/2 inch black border around the screen, unable to show the whole screen. And if I alter settings to fill the screen, the image and text is stretched.

What steps should I take to have both monitors filling the screen? Does it involve re-installing drivers?

Please send me some suggestions - and Thanks in advance!

bellows43

1 - 9 of 9 Posts