AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm not sure where to go because this issue is driving me crazy. I have a Maxent MX-PDP50 TV and a Panasonic SABT200 Blu-Ray/Home Theater system connected via an HDMI cable. When I try use the video features (Blu-Ray player, VieraCast) i get intermittent blackouts in my video. Just for a couple seconds & then the video returns. I have tried different HDMI ports on the TV and 4 different cables and always seem to get this issue. I also just had the receiver component replaced & I have the same issue. I thought it may be over heating so I pulled it out of the console & still had the problem. The funny thing is, I don't experience any video degradation from the same HDMI ports or cables when my cable box (Motorola QIP-6416-2) is hooked up. I have also tried connecting it to another TV (an LG 42" LCD) which works fine. Leads me to believe the home theater system isn't going to work with the TV, but it really makes no sense. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20779644

It is possible Panasonics just won't work with Maxent. Welcome to HDMI.

To be more specific, it's possible that specific Panasonic HTIB isn't compatible with that specific Maxent HDTV.

HDMI is a digital video/audio/other transmission system with a key component to verify the type of device at each end, to insure digital rights management. If any device using HDMI does not precisely communicate what it is and what is can do, the system will not work correctly. Since you have success with the cable box and TV, it sounds like a problem between the HDTV and HTIB.

The only think I can suggest is to see if you can upgrade the units. Check with each manufacturer and see if that's possible. Otherwise, you may have to return/exchange something and try other hardware.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
And I should have included "that" with both the HTiB and LCD.

Just like with LG, there are known issues with certain LG's and some CAT5e extenders for HDMI.

Sometimes, it just doesn't work, that is what I meant by "welcome to HDMI".

There were some HDMI problems that seemed like they were done on purpose. There are some Toshiba TV's that had problems(back during the format war) syncing with Sony BD players.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.