AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping for a TV for the past 2 months and still haven't decided on a TV. My main problem is the stand I am going to put the TV on. It is 34 1/2" wide and 17" deep. If it was deeper, I would probably already have a Sony 30" CRT on it but the CRT's are just too deep. I have looked at the Samsung slim fit but I am worried about geometry problems and excessive weight. Also, I would really like the display to have 720p HD resolution because the primary use of the TV will be Xbox. So, in my quest I have looked at LCD TV's because of the 720p resolution and the fact that they will fit on my TV stand. I would really like to spend less than $1,000 on the TV. Out of all the LCD TV's I have looked at, the Syntax LT32HV and LT26HVX have been near the top of my list because of their great price and good spec sheet. My dilemma is that I am not sure if the 32" will fit on my TV stand because the base stand on the LT32HV is suppose to be nearly as wide as the TV which is almost 40" wide. The LT26HVX seems like a good choice because the stand will defiantly fit. It is a cheap TV but for $400 dollars more, I could have the LG 26" with a built in HDTV tuner and many more inputs. I could also have a Sharp 26" TV that is only $200 dollars more and it is a name brand with supposedly the best LCD TV's. If anyone has any ideas on a TV, CRT or LCD, that can do everything I listed please post (fit in a 34"x17" stand, good response time for Xbox, preferably less than $1,000, and auto component inputs that will change resolution to fit the screen like how the Xbox main menu is only in 480i definition).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.