AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I just built a curved screen and the geometry is throwing me off. I believe I have seen a good setup thread...somewhere and my google -too is weak today. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it is greatly appreciated.

Especially tips on centering PJ to screen at 90 deg

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
If you have the PJ mount centered properly in the room, mark on the screen wall the center of the room, then measure out from there in both directions for where the edge of the screen should be. That will give you the target to point the projector - between the goalposts...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thx for the reply ( and the yet to be installed insteon stuff!). The room has incongruent walls...bumpouts...electrical panels etcso measuring out is difficult. It would sure be nice if manufacturers would leave a straight edge on the PJ body:rolleyes: parallel to the screen!

What I ended up doing was taping a Bosch 3 way right angle laser level to a straight edge which I marked the diameter of the lens surround. I then found and marked the center (center of lens...). The markings of the laser were lined up with the center of lenses before taping. The middle of the screen width was marked and the laser/straight edge combo held against the lenses surround (luckily the lenses is recessed...perhaps all projector's are...hc5 here). I could then see how far off I was...aim PJ and then measure the outer crosshatch pattern from each side of screen...if PJ was centered and square...the outer crosshatch should be equal distance from both edges...if not I moved the PJ horizontally toward the side with the larger gap...worked like a charm.

I was thrown off because the squares of the crosshatch were not... Umm...square when the uh480 was in place...I finally realized the pj would not go into anamorphic mode without a source hooked up... Not even with the internal test pattern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts