AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new home theater in a box and I'm not wanting to spend more than $300. I'm a real freak about bass, so can you guys give me some suggestions on HTIB with great bass for under $300? Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
cypherXR, I've been lurking around here for a while, in preparation for buying my own HT setup.

One thing I've learned is that there are people here who'd spend $300 on just a subwoofer, lol.

So you coming in here asking for a complete bass thumping system under 300 is sort of contradicting all that is holy on AVS.

From what I've seen, the Onkyo 6100 is the minimum that gets a sort of begrudging recommendation here as an entry level HTiB. That's at least double your budget.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, if I had the money I'd spend $500 on a good sub. I just don't have it right now. I'm not asking for the beat-all-end-all of home theater systems, just something that will do the job and has good base in the price range of $300.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherXR /forum/post/16904359

Haha, if I had the money I'd spend $500 on a good sub. I just don't have it right now. I'm not asking for the beat-all-end-all of home theater systems, just something that will do the job and has good base in the price range of $300.

Well, good bass and "doing the job" is subjective, but $300 is tough to swing for what you seem to want. afrogt made a good suggestion. The sub there is "okay", but don't expect it to bring down the house. It's probably the best for $300, along with some comparable systems from Yamaha. Anything better for that pricepoint is probably a pipe dream.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherXR /forum/post/16903648

I'm in the market for a new home theater in a box and I'm not wanting to spend more than $300. I'm a real freak about bass, so can you guys give me some suggestions on HTIB with great bass for under $300? Thanks.

You might take a look at the ZVOX line. They have an eBay outlet store where you can sometimes find gear cheaper. Pretty good bass and a jack for a sub if you want to add one later.

See this thread for more info:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1109869

1 - 8 of 8 Posts