AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just gave me several music video DVD's with >(40 DVD chapters music videos) per disc.

Im looking for a program that will extract these chapters from disc, label them, save them as nicely named mpg files (or VOB's)...all with one mouse click... WITHOUT ANY RECOMPRESSION OPTIONS.

The less options, the better.

PS: I posted this question on the AnyDVD forum, but after thinking about it, I think maybe it's better that I put my question here.... so, sorry for the double-post.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so, but the interface isnt really what I'm looking for. I need something with less options. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 /forum/post/14226057

Doesn't DVD Shrink let you select chapters?

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
Ripping dvds is never going to be idiot proof because its not something meant for idiots to do. No offense, but if you can't figure out dvdshrink you probably should find another hobby.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offense taken. I've used DVD Shrink for years; including the original Smartripper. Nothing to figure out. Just looking for something with a simpler interface to do something simple, not opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin /forum/post/14226331

Ripping dvds is never going to be idiot proof because its not something meant for idiots to do. No offense, but if you can't figure out dvdshrink you probably should find another hobby.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm... it doesnt look like automatically extracts detected chapters to vob. Id probably just stick with DVD shrink if I can't find it. I just thought Id see if any else heard of such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg24 /forum/post/14226637

What about using CloneDVD the sister software to AnyDVD? Very simple to use

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Any DVD copying software/process that's 1 click/idiot proof/brain dead easy/etc etc...will almost NEVER do what you're asking for. The number of people who want to rip the individual chapters of a Music DVD out of the number of people who even rip DVDs out of the number of people who even know it can be done...is very very small.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I'm glad I created this thread. Since its obvious nobody here knows the the answer; and this thread can be searchable in the future for those looking for a solution on AVS Forum and google.

Answer: SmartRipper

Its been almost 10 years since I've used SmartRipper. So, I figured there are other software out there that offer the same functionality and easy of use. Plus, SmartRipper's last version was from 2001. Unfortunately, 10 years later, it still appears to be the best solution for doing this kind of task: Completely automatic ripping of ALL chapters (or selected ones) as separate mpeg2 files (VOB extension) without recompressing options with only 1 click of the start button. The only option needed is to take out the unneeded a/v streams (if there are multiple languages, etc).

It's hard to believe a software this old works perfectly even on the latest MS OS: Vista32! It even supports DVD's with copy protection

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, they are very similar, but Smartripper still seems to be a bit better; even though there are no more updates on it. Also, doesnt require an installer. Just a few files.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/dvd-dec...-ripper-64078/

Smartripper/ DVD Decrypter tools are perfect for music video discs!

DVDFab, doesnt appear to be what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr1000 /forum/post/14229692

That is very similar to DVD Decripter, right?

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same software will handle that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit /forum/post/14233822

Is there similar software that will rip out episodes of a TV show, each of which may have chapters internally?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet /forum/post/14233834

Same software will handle that too.

Thanks a lot. At first, I was with the other posters with the DVDShrink comments. I'm glad you were persistent.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
If all the music videos are contained in just one giant IFO, then doing IFO mode on DVD Decrypter with File Splitting set to By Chapter will do the job. Depending on how the disc is authored you also have the option to change File Splitting to Vob ID and Cell ID, too. For the most part, that should take care of various ways an episodic DVD can be split.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts