AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to this forum and new to audio visual systems. I currently researching the fujitsu 50" P50 and would like a sound system to go with it. Up front I would like to let you know that after the purchase of the TV and other accsories that money will be an issue. Although I would like a High end system(IE Dream System) along with afordable system recomandations, and anywhere in between.Are the fujitsu add on speakers ok for normal veiwing (kids shows and regular tv)

Thank You ,Steve

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
TV speakers are fine for casual viewing, as always. HT sounds so much better that you'll find yourself listening to a well mixed commercial though. :D

As for choices, it really depends on what you are looking for. Tell us the size of your room, your budget and what form factor you are looking for. I wouldn't recommend the Sony. They make great TVs not audio. In fact, I'd stay away from anything made of plastic for starters. Read some of the threads about HTIBs, speaker packages and separate solutions, decide which way you want to go, then ask specific questions.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I would stray away from integrated HTiBs with built-in dvd players, especially, wait let me say it again especially sony dream systems (maybe nightmare systems). Anyway if you are set on getting an htib get a yamaha or onkyo. Often times their packages include a receiver that they in fact sell seperately, which is great because if you add on speakers, devices, upgrade, it can handle just about all of them. Who told you that dream systems are high end btw?

Just like Ron said the tv speakers are decent for casual viewing, cartoons, kids shows, but when fast paced action is going on they show their flaws quite quickly.

I might recommend also getting a seperate receiver, and seperate speakers (preferably floors, but bookshelfs are great too). And just because you are going seperate does not mean youll pay an arm and a leg, a entry level receiver and a micra6 package will work very nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.