Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am looking for an ISF certified calibration technician in the Denver area. I own a Toshiba 57H81, which will have about 200 hours of operational time in late Sept.

Suggestions for a tech (or a tech that wants to do it) can come from the surrounding area up and down the "front range" notably -- Colorado Springs, Denver, Ft. Collins, Boulder, maybe even Pueblo or Cheyenne (WY).

I want a professional and complete calibration performed to provide the best possible picture on my set.

Suggestions??

Dan

·
Registered
760 Posts
The following was sent to my via e-mail:

"Hello Group -

Ernie Santella (a.k.a. santellavision) is organizing an ISF Calibration Tour in Denver. Here is the info from Ernie about the tour....

I'm putting together an "ISF Calibration Tour" in the Denver area with Michael Chen or as he is known Michael TLV. If you don't know what an "ISF Tour" is, or what ISF (Imaging Science

Foundation) is... here's all the information.

99% of Rear-Screen Projection Sets, Front Projectors or Direct-view Monitors comes from the factory out of calibration. Some severely (like my own Mitsubishi 46807) With a ISF Certified Technician, they can adjust and bring your monitor/projector to be in perfect color balance, correct convergence and manually & electronically focused.

You will not believe the difference this makes, it's incredible. It's amazing that most of us own these $3K+ sets and have never seen the quality that they can really show! (I equate it to driving a Ferrari on only 6 of it's 8

cylinders)

Now... not every ISF Certified Technician is the same. Everyone does the basics mentioned above, but then there are the "ISF Gods" as some call them. They perform specialized 'proprietary' adjustments that only they can do. This is where your monitor really starts to 'sing'. Michael TLV is one of, if not the best ISF tech in the business. He is highly respected and sort after for his expertise. (He also moderates many of the video bulletin boards) He's so good that he has one of these advanced adjustments after him (The Herman-TLV

maneuver)

Please read the following links about ISF, Michael TLV and some reviews of the magic he has done.

Link to the official ISF Website http://www.imagingscience.com/

Link to Michael Chen info: http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefulinfo.html

Michael Chen's services/pricing: http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/micha...tlv_pricinginf

o.html

Reviews of his work: http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/013859.html

The question of "why should we bring him all the way here, isn't there anyone ISF certified in Denver"? Well, yes there is, but i've talked with all of them and nobody does any of the advanced techniques that Michael does. If fact, every tech i spoke with had never heard or read about any of these advanced adjustments... none!

As far as what's involved in bringing him here... If we organize a group of 10 or more, Michael will pay his way here. (I have offered to put him up at my place for the time he's in town) We would then split the cost of meals/local transportation between the group. I have about 8 interested at the moment

(8/10/01)

Please email me Ernie Santella at [email protected] if your interested."

It may be what you are looking for.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
137 Posts
What time frame are we looking at? I live in Colorado Springs and will be buying the toshiba 50h81 in a couple of weeks and want to break it in for a couple of weeks after that before calibrating it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOT,

Thanks for the information.

I did email Ernie. I hope I did not miss any windows for the tour... I am interested.

Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still interested in finding someone to do an ISF calibration on my set between Sept 5 and Sept 30 in Denver.

I am not so sure I can wait until Oct 30....

dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.