AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 67" Samsung LED DLP in our living room and it works very nicely, but we recently discovered that we really want a big tv in our bedroom too. Unfortunately the bedroom is about 24' x 22', so the distance to the tv will be very far.

Instead of buying a very large TV for the bedroom, I'm considering buying a panel TV for the living room, which is only about 13' from viewing position to tv wall, to replace the DLP and move the DLP monster to the bedroom.

Unfortunately the wife likes something very large in the living room (I'm lucky I guess
), so we can't go down too much in size. I'd like to keep it at 58" or larger if possible. Going from 67" to 55" would mean

I've always liked the clarity and crispness of particularly LCD and even plasma over DLP, so this will be an upgrade in PQ in my mind. The room isn't fully light controlled (so I like it bright), and I game a fair amount on a PS3 (so I need good response time and little input delay) in that room, so I'm concerned that a plasma would have issues with IR. Even if it didn't, I'm worried about the fact that I'd worry about it, if you catch my meaning. I don't want to even have to think about it. I can get a 60" Kuro 9G for about $2500 though, which is tempting considering the size, but again the lower brightness and potential IR problems drive me away somewhat. LED LCDs seem to be the perfect solution, but it seems like they're all smaller unless they're $10k (Sharp 65").

My budget is about $3-3.5k, but I can maybe go over that a bit if its a good deal.

I like the Samsungs but they only go to 55", which is maybe a bit too small.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Sharp is the only one currently selling LCD fps over 55 inches at less than the price of a new car. New models in the 60 or so size range should start coming from various manufacturers starting early next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.