AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fellas, I know I've been out of commission for some time now... been busy with life, kids, etc.

Simple:

- I need to remodel the family room/HT, and unfortunately the wife has won and I can't have 4 sealed boxes in the room anymore... need to cut it down to 2.
- I know the LMS5400's have been out of commission for some time, and wanted to know what's the equivalent now days? I've been out of the game for some time, but need to get my stuff squared away.

- As some of you may recall, I have: 3 x 18" Avalanche 18's with XBL^2, and 1 Maelstrom 18 XBL^2.

I'm willing to part with all four + cash to land 2 LMS5400's if someone has a clue where I can get them.

Any help is appreciated bros :D

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could man, but the whole point is the wife wants smaller boxes or at the very least, "less boxes" so I really can't cut down from 4 x 24" cube boxes to 2 x 28" boxes unfortunately.

I may just make two "pseudo" submerssive clones, with 20x20x28" boxes (deeper, but smaller facia), use the current drivers in push/pull, and just throw more power at them.

Reactions: uniquepattern

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
one current dark horse is a driver by rockford fosgate that ricci grabbed a batch of (and tested with pretty good results). if you can put a ton of amp on them and you are not price sensitive, they may be an option.

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=125

another option is something like the b&c ipal pro-driver in dual opposed. it is a 21" special purpose (way over motored) so a pair dual opposed could actually work in a very small sealed cab. again, not a cheap solution, but about as high of output per cubic foot of enclosure as you can get. just keep an eye on the impedance.

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=130

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Well there is one here for sale. No idea if the price is in line with actual value.

Not sure if this is a decent alternate options but there are some TC Sounds 5100's for sale as well here

·
Premium Member
24,144 Posts
I wish I could man, but the whole point is the wife wants smaller boxes or at the very least, "less boxes" so I really can't cut down from 4 x 24" cube boxes to 2 x 28" boxes unfortunately.

How about 2 boxes, each 20" W x 8" D x 8' H, placed against the walls and painted the same color so they look like columns.

Caulk the seams so they don't show to make the effect convincing.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
2 TC Sounds 12" LMS-R's in sealed boxes keeps up with most 18's and work really well in 3 cubic feet for the pair. Model them against the 18 of your choice.

Parts Express still has a bunch in stock at a discount so you avoid the TC-price gouging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts