AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I downloaded the HIGH res DLP logo from another post (can't find it right now) and I started thinking...

I'd like an 8x10 printout that states some thing like:

This Home Theatre features DLP (logo) and DCDI (LOGO) technology using Infocus's x1 (LOGO) digital front projector. (Preferably black back ground).

[Some thing along the lines of my audio logos I framed].

Unfortunately I haven't found any high res or large sized Infocus, x1, or DCDI logos.

I'll supply a sample of the small logos I did find and like.

(I did try google and no luck yet).

Attached Infocus X1 (combo) Logo that is small.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a small dcdi logo.

I'd also like some help with the layout.

I really don't know how to use my old LT version of Photoshop or Corel9

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Infocus's ACTUAL logo (biggest I could find)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well, here's my 2 cents. Without larger images or scaleable (vector) graphics it would be tough to get a clean image out of those logos.

However, what I did when making my now "famous" :) DTS and Dolby signs, was to re-create the logos from scratch. Looking at the DCDi logo, that would be pretty easy to do. Same with InFocus' official logo. Both appear to be pretty normal fonts and geometric shapes. The problem would be creating the "X" for the X1 logo. You could try to re-create this from scratch but it wouldn't be a perfect match.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Just a suggestion, take it or leave it...

When I am looking for signs/plaques on eBay, etc., I HATE it when they say "This HOME theater...".

First of all, anyone looking at it on your wall already knows that the theater is in the home.

And, I like my HT to have the feel of an actual theater, not reminders that it isn't like one (not that I'm fooling anyone).

So my $.02 is that stuff should say, "This Theater...", without the word "Home".

There are many things on eBay that I would have loved to have bought had they not said "Home" on them.

There... I feel better.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy238,

Those look great!

I'll have to take some time and learn how to use corel but the image pre-made logos should make it real easy

Thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Cool, glad you like them. Thanks!

When you open each file in Corel all the items will be grouped. That way you can scale everything together to whatever size you want. I converted the text to curves as well to eliminate any font issues.

Enjoy!

Andy

·
Registered
345 Posts
I took Andy's dcdi picture and changed a few things to make it match what's on the faroudja website.

Thanks Andy!

Photoshop wouldn't open the corel file, but psp did and it scaled very well.

I'll attach a smaller version. I could send it to someone if they wanted it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also added the red "i" dot to my version.

Anyone interested in a copy of my plaque when I'm done?

THIS THEATRE FEATURES THE

INFOCUS X1 (COMBINED NORMAL INFOCUS LOGO AND INFOCUS X1 LOGO)

DIGITAL FRONT PROJECTOR USING

DLP (LOGO) & DCDI (LOGO)

TECHNOLOGY

Comments on my wording? Similar to my audio signs when I'm done (I hope). I think I'm going with black background and I might add some color to the logos as I see fit. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to Andy238, a HIGH res DLP bmp, and minimal knowledge of Corel 9 I was able to create a full color Infocus X1, DLP, DCDI logo sign to hang near my audio signs (see link in signature).

I'm uploading a zipped pdf version of the file. And a corel 9 version to follow.

Comments and suggestions for the sign welcomed.

I got creative with the Infocus X1 logo area especially with the colors, fills, and the "projected" coned in the O&C in FOCUS.

(I couldn't figure out how to make the cone match the filled background *shrug*.

I haven't printed this yet, but I expect the over all quality to be good. Its good on my 78" screen

x1 dlp dcdi sign.zip 59.5419921875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here's the corel 9 file

If you edit it please zip it and post or PM me the modifications

full color x1 dlp dcdi sign.zip 101.09375k . file

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status