AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I need to mount a TV in built in cabinetry. I have found this Sanus mount ... Sanus VMPO1b VisionMount In-Cabinet Pull/Slide Out Mount ... but it only extends 5.5". I need something that extends out more. Does anyone know of any alternatives to the Sanus mount? There are quite a few pull out mounts out there for big CRTs, but I'm not sure how to mount a 42" LCD on it.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
This is wall mount is it not? Is in a cabinet so it will be all hidden correct? So ANY mount will do as long as it extends beyond the 5.5" as u require. You have not been able to find anything that extend beyond the 5.5"? You are aware wall mounts have standard spaced holes, so they typically work for all TV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I originally had it on a wall mount, but apprently the "wall" on the built-in cabinetry is not stong enough since it is now sagging and there is a hairline crack in the wall where all the weight is bearing. The mount I mentioned is not a wall mount. It is a mount that sits on a horizontal surface and slides vertically. If you google "Sanus VMPO1b" you can see what it looks like.

The only thing I've found is a swivel TV stand from tvshelves.com -- http://www.tvshelves.com/225_pound.htm -- They say it will support a LCD, but I have an email into them asking how to secure the TV to the base. The shelves are originally built for CRTs, but they clain to work for LCDs as well.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Not wall mount, I see. No wonder u haven't been able to find anything that extends out the TV further. If u can't find anything, I recommend strengthening that wall. That's all I have.

Most of us here are too lazy to google for you, if u can't post a link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts