AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all its time to finally get rid of my sd tv

im looking for 37-40 inch but im aware that it seems alot of the good companies arent making any new 37 inch like samsung

i will be using it with the stand and the stand its self can not exceed 19 inches

im looking for a tv with good enough sound that i wont need a different sound setup since this is for a bedroom im limited on space

im not sure if i should get led or lcd nor am i sure i need 120ghz vs 60ghz it will be used to watch tv shows,movies,play ps3 and the closest thing to a sport i watch is wrestling and ufc

budget i would like to spend as little as possible to get a good tv that wont be outdated and wont flake on me and meets all my needs

so retail the most expensive should be a little over 1000 but hopefully on sale for under that on sites such as amazon etc..

also is there anything i can buy that would let me sit my cable box on top of the tv something that will attach to the top to let a box sit up there cause im very limited on space

any questions that will help you recommend something to me feel free to ask

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll
First thing, how much money are you willing to spend.
anywhere from 800-950 would be the most i think

but if i can get away with cheaper and meet all my needs thats good

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't be afraid to shop at Walmart, BJ's, Costco or CompUSA (TigerDirect) if you can find a better deal.... A Panasonic Plasma or a Samsung LCD is still the same set regardless of where you buy it. I think most TVs only have a one year warranty. But I'm fairly sure you can buy an extended warranty through almost any manufacturer (I know Vizio works like that). Most will let you get the extended coverage any time within the first year of purchase... I highly recommend this, regardless of which TV brand you purchase.

Not sure that you will find any Flat Panel that you can set your cable box "on top" of... I appologize for the cliche'.. but, "Thin Is In". I agree with your assessment to get at least 120Hz LCD, but don't forget about Plasmas either.

That said... here are my recommendations.

Best Bang For Buck! (240Hz, 3D, Internet Apps - 10/100 LAN and Wireless bgn built-in)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-XVT3D424SV/15411706

Don't let anybody talk you out of a Vizio... They are built with LG and Sony parts. I have the 55" version of this TV and it rocks!

My next recommendation for the LCD category: (120Hz, Internet Apps - network adapter is seperate)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-UN40D6000/15992351

And this is probably the best bang-for-buck Plasma: (3D)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...057&CatId=3653

Panasonic has the best Plasmas in your price range...

Samsung does 120Hz better than other LCD manaufacturers, followed by LG and SONY.

Vizio has the best bang-for-buck for LCDs

Best thing to do is go to a store and check them out... don't just make a judgement by the way the picture looks the way the store has it setup... fnd the controls on the side (or ask for the remote if you're at an actual electronics store), and play with the settings...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.