AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having pored over lots and lots of threads here. Checking at ebay and Projectorcentral, I am still without a projector. Perhaps the members here can help. Here are my criteria (not in any particular order of importance):

1) Around 1.5K or less.

2) Lumen 500+

3) Noise level like a desk top computer or less.

4) 4000 hrs or greater lamp life.

5) Do not need HTPC for a nice picture (I am not that picky)

6) Ceiling mountable.

7) If DLP then SVGA / XGA if LCD

Is this all possible? Does anyone have a recommendation or a unit that match the above description for sale, please contact.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

[This message has been edited by MakMak (edited 08-26-2001).]

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Finding a projector that truely has a 4000 hour lamp life is going to be extremely difficult. Most units are 1000-2000 hours. On occasion you'll get more out of them but I wouldn't necessarily count on it. We have a Davis TPB-1200 DLP available. It is an XGA LCD projector with 1200 lumen output. Lamp life is rated at 2000 hours. It is B-stock with 1 year warranty. The price is $1800.00 plus shipping, but we may be able to work out a better deal. Let me know if this sounds good to you.

Thanks!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason, but the 4000 hrs is a big requirement. As I understand (plz correct me if I am wrong) that some projector's original lamp may be only rated for 2000 hrs but the replacement lamps may be rated at 4000 hrs or even more (ie UHP lamps).

Appreciate the response, please keep it coming.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
MakMak-

I mean no disrespect but you don't have much leverage to be picky considering your budget. I think Jason's offer is fabulous and I don't know of any good ht projectors other than some Davis models that have 4000 hour bulbs.

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Leckian,

None taken. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Actually, the feedback and posted messages such as yours, Jason and others have served to educate me tremendously (I am as green as can be when it comes to HT).

My initial research however, has showed me some possibilities such as the Philips Proscreen lines and as you said, certain Davis models that I am considering. Perhaps you are right, with my limited budget, the choices will be fewer. But this limitation will actually motivate me to dig a little deeper, learn a little more. Hopefully, in the end, I can find the projector that I can both afford and happily enjoy the big screen images that the other board members have known all along.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
MakMak,

I too think that Jason's offer is very good.

There are very few if any projectors in your price range (new or used) that would have 4000 hours of lamp life. I do not know of one. The other criteria are possible, and the DL450 is certainly a good match to the other ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.