·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MyHD PC-Card Drivers

1. LOOKING FOR MyHD Driver v1.55.2

PC-Card

Hello everyone,

I just bought a PC card to see HDTV with my new TV set and also have fun playing with Antennas. However, the PC Card: MyHD - MDP-100 by Macro Image Technologies came with an old Software that includes Driver version 1.54.

Recently, the company has posted a new Driver version 1.55.3. This driver includes many improvements but HD full screen output is disabled for playback of copy-protected (scrambled) DVD to follow the DVD CCA license, because MyHD does not have a copy-control circuit.

This disadvantage is not present on Driver Version 1.55.2

If anyone has the Driver. Please let me know how can I get it.

2. HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO US MyHD WITH TVTonic??

www.TvTonic.com support told me to check if my PC-Card supports WDM drivers. Any ideas?

Thank you/ J

·
Registered
46 Posts
According to the guy I spoke with at MyHD yesterday, that version is available somewhere on this formum. I'm looking for it and will let you know if I find it here...

Dale

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
jignacio,

Do a search on the MyHD threads for "DVD Region Free."

Works fine with the latest betas. Don't use the old drivers as the newer ones are better for DVD playback.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If you can't find it, send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you when I get home. I have an archive of all the versions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rich4AV-

When I spoke with MyHD support yesterday, they said the current version would not allow upsampling of DVDs, but v1.55.2 would. Are you sure that the betas will allow this upsampling?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
All versions of the MyHD software support playback of non-CSS DVD VOB files... That's the big deal with version 1.55.2, it supports DVD VOB files that ARE CSS encrypted.

The "DVD Region Free" program mentioned earlier decrypts DVD's in real time, so you can play them back with any version of the MyHD software.

DVD Decrypter lets you De-CSS the VOBs and save them to the hard drive for playback with MyHD.

Or, you can use the old 1.55.2. But, the current v1.60 is much better, with many new features.

Quote:
Originally posted by jignacio
I'm testing 1.55.4 right now. The release notes says: "Support playing of DVD-format files which are not encrypted by CSS"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.