AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning on setting up a centralized backup system and media storage server for my PC and laptop (both Wifi enabled). My PC is driving a HDTV and my laptop is driving an LCD and array of external hard disks. I'm adding a large printer and would like to be able to print from either device without having to share out the printer, or swap files/cables. And I'd like to get rid of all the accumulated external USB HDs around my laptop.

My solution? Network Storage... But I"m looking for a good one, not too noisy, preferably wireless, preferably with a print server, preferably without a hack-job interface or fatal flaws.

I've read some reviews on the Web, but would like the opinion of someone who's set one up already. Someone who didn't need a degree in networking to complete the task. ;-) And if the answer isn't a NAS, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is building another computer out of the question? If it were me I would build a Windows XP box, put a SATA RAID 5 card in it and 4 good size drives, set it up to be a print server, attach a WiFi access point to it and you are good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.