AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have an X1 projector driven by a Sony interlaced 5-disc player. I'd like to get a progressive player and may upgrade to a new projector within two years (something on the order of a 1280x720 resolution projector probably). My next projector may have DVI so should I get a DVD player now with DVI or just buy a another DVD player if and when I get a projector that has DVI?

The Bravo D1 looked good but the one shootout I read says that the component output was not so hot.

Will DVI add so much to the cost of the player that I should just forgo it for now since I probably won't need it for awhile? I don't need a multi-disc player.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am trying to decide what dvd player to purchase for a runco cl 710 and have done about as much reading of this forum as possible in the last week so I have a little knowledge of what you will find in the posts.

The Bravo D1 is great with DVI output, but really bad with component. Therefore, if you don't have a DVI input on your projector or tv, then I would forget it. Also, be careful with the D1's as there are now many complaints that the loaders do not work properly.

I would love the D1 since the runco has dvi, I but don't want to hassle with the loader. Therefore, I am looking at less expensive dvd players (less than $400) for now until dvi is more common. The problem is, all of the good dvd players at that price range have been deleted and replaced with less quality dvd players (i.e. panasonic rp 82's, etc.). So what do you do? I am not sure and that is why I have my own posts asking for advice.

Good Luck!

TexasNArk

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Hi,

Please forgive me if this is off topic.

In my recent hunt for a DVD player, I've noticed that the smaller, less well known brands seem to offer the cutting edge features first (such as DVI, SDI, etc.). The larger manufacturers (the Sonys, Denons) seem to trail the smaller brands in this department for a good while. I was wondering why this is so, as one would expect the larger firms to have greater manufacturing and R&D capabilties. The high-end Denons that now have DVI have a non-function port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.