AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was spoiled by the ease of the DVDO. When I moved up to a NEC 9PG plus projector from the E-Home ecp 3500 it was obvious that better scaling was needed. My original system was fairly simple. All sources output S-video or composite(vhs). They are fed to my Yamaha RX-V992 AV receiver.

The AV receiver supplied all the video switching and the DVDO would auto-detect which source was active and switch to it. It would also auto-power up upon receiving a signal. It was a no brainer for the wife to use which makes my life alot easier. Along came a fabulous deal on a brand new in the box Quadscan Elite HD. Composite and s-video are less than desirable on this unit. Scaling of component video seems fine. However, this unit does not auto detect, does not auto power on, in fact does not even power on via the supplied remote (which is a bummer because my equipment is rack mounted in another room). Which brings me to another downfall, adjusting the output position and size when you can't see the display and is a PIA for the wife to operate. I don't play around with a lot of resoultions and refreash rates. I'm happy with [email protected] So, I think what I will need to do is replace the Yamaha with a AV receiver that also switches component and find an idiot proof, set it and forget it processor.

Does such an animal exist? The other alternative is to put the DVDO back in for her less critical viewing and use the QS for scaling DVD component only and hook it up to input 2 on my Extron RGB 108 Plus that feeds the projector. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Chip S.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.