AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been researcing receivers for the past few months and have narrowed down my options to a few. I greatly appreciate the help this forum and the members have given me. Let me give some info.

16' x 16' room

Sony KDF-E50A10

Moto 6412 (HDMI)

PS3 (HDMI)

360 w/ HD-DVD (component)

Wii (component)

Philips DVP642 (component)

I'm looking for a receiver under 1,000 and have narrowed it down to these.

Onkyo 804

Onkyo 674

Denon 2807/987

Outlaw 1070

90% movies, video games, and TV

10% music

I will probably order the ORB Audio Peoples Choice 5.1 and add on for 7.1 when I get a bigger room.

My questions are what other receivers may be missing for my price point with DVI/HDMI switching?

What do you guys suggest that will support all 5 of my sources and be somewhat future ready?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esatchel /forum/post/0

My questions are what other receivers may be missing for my price point with DVI/HDMI switching?

I would also check out the following:

Pioneer Elite vsx-81txv/vsx-82txs (82txs may be a little over $1k)

Yamaha rx-v1700/HTR-6090

Marantz SR7001 (may be a little over $1k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esatchel /forum/post/0

What do you guys suggest that will support all 5 of my sources and be somewhat future ready?

Thanks.

I would exclude Onkyo 674/804, if you are planning a 7.1 setup later. This will only be an issue with HD lossless audio. Both these support only 5.1 pcm over HDMI and also can't apply surround processing to it.

I would also exclude outlaw 1070, due to lack of HDMI support. This again will be an issue, if you plan to go for HD lossless audio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.