AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have an older Pioneer Plasma PDP-5050HD tv. Its been great except recently the HDMI ports all stopped working and instead of getting it repaired, I have been looking at the latest LED TVs. But I am hearing so many conflicting things and how poor black colors are on them and also how poor they are in dark rooms. This concerns me a lot!

I wanted to get the experts opinions on here. I was looking at the LG 55" LM 7600 and the Samsung ES7500. However neither are full LED and are edge lit which I hear is a major drawback. What are my options? I don't want to downgrade of course but I don't want to spend a fortune. Opinions please!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I've had both and gave my 2 cents here.... http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409865/official-samsung-unxxes7500-thread/90#post_22537627

Bottom line is the Samsung performance is better... black levels, sharpness uniformity at least with my set is better. The processing used in the Samsung is higher quality but some of the features, like micro dimming are non defeat-able on every setting except movie mode.

I am still trying to decide if gaming is better on this set... game mode locks you into one video setting but there is definite lag when it's not engaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts