AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
JVC NX-9, Marantz 7010 11.2, Audiophysic, Klipsch, Samsung UHD, NVIDIA shield, Seymour/SE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at upgrading my home theater area to include a projector. I have already posted on this site concerning some of the potential options i am considering.I also have had several local vendors come by to give me their opinions on installing a projector, but i think i now will do it myself to save some money on installation and put that savings toward getting the best physical equipment. My room is approx 15 by 18. I will try to post a couple of pics per suggestions. I have two rows of seats with the back row on 6 in risers. The front viewing locations are approx 7 feet away from the proposed screen location. The back are about 14 ft. I have decided on a electric screen to keep the plasma in place to increase functionality of the room. I am leaning toward the Epson LS10000 or Sony 4k. To get the max screen size, but keep my center speaker in use, I think i need acoustic transparent fabric. I know that there are lots of versions, but with a front row, (not normally used except when friends are over) i am concerned about seeing the weave or holes. In addition, with the projectors being considered, are there certain fabrics, weaves, etc that are better with the higher resolution. Both light cannons should provide sufficient light with the system even with acoustic weave, but will i lose resolution or the "wow" factor to get the acoustic fabric. If so, what are the ones i should be considering. As always, I can find alternatives (ie lower placement of the speaker or phantom mode) if the use of acoustic fabrics take away too much from the experience. Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions

·
Registered
32,860 Posts
I have been looking at upgrading my home theater area to include a projector. I have already posted on this site concerning some of the potential options i am considering.I also have had several local vendors come by to give me their opinions on installing a projector, but i think i now will do it myself to save some money on installation and put that savings toward getting the best physical equipment. My room is approx 15 by 18. I will try to post a couple of pics per suggestions. I have two rows of seats with the back row on 6 in risers. The front viewing locations are approx 7 feet away from the proposed screen location. The back are about 14 ft. I have decided on a electric screen to keep the plasma in place to increase functionality of the room. I am leaning toward the Epson LS10000 or Sony 4k. To get the max screen size, but keep my center speaker in use, I think i need acoustic transparent fabric. I know that there are lots of versions, but with a front row, (not normally used except when friends are over) i am concerned about seeing the weave or holes. In addition, with the projectors being considered, are there certain fabrics, weaves, etc that are better with the higher resolution. Both light cannons should provide sufficient light with the system even with acoustic weave, but will i lose resolution or the "wow" factor to get the acoustic fabric. If so, what are the ones i should be considering. As always, I can find alternatives (ie lower placement of the speaker or phantom mode) if the use of acoustic fabrics take away too much from the experience. Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions
I sent you a PM. :)

·
Registered
JVC NX-9, Marantz 7010 11.2, Audiophysic, Klipsch, Samsung UHD, NVIDIA shield, Seymour/SE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to get SI enlightor4k

After looking at a lot of options and considering many opinions, I stumbled on an opportunity to get a demo masking Screen from Seymour SI. I had liked some of the comments from some of the older threads about getting hooked on the CinemaScope aspect ratio and was looking for some ideas when I saw the demo advertised on their sight. Chris gave me the rundown on the screen and the sight had a video of the screen in action. The size was very close to what I was looking for and to get the masking system cheaper than a new retractable using a lesser fabric was just the icing on the cake. Based on mike garret comments I may have to darken my ceiling
And back wall but this was just too good to pass up. Thanks to all on their help and ideas on this site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts