AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally going to buy a Directv HD Receiver, but I'm thinking that is going to be out of my price range for a while. I would like to get ABC HD (they have been broadcasting in our area for a while now), as soon as possible. Is there a good OTA HD STB available for ~$100-$150?

In the STB Synopsis there are none that have MSRPs in this price range, but do any of them street for close to what I'm looking for?

I'm looking for a temporary solution before I buy a directv HD box. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
The cheapest option is to get a Samsung SIR-T150 or SIR-T151 off eBay for around $200.

Both are considered good receivers.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jckessler
The cheapest option is to get a Samsung SIR-T150 or SIR-T151 off eBay for around $200.

Both are considered good receivers.
As I recently upgraded to a DirecTv HD receiver, I sold my SIR-T151 and a Silver Sensor indoor antenna to a co-worker for $250. I had purchased it new-in-box off ebay in May for $250 (+$20 more for shipping), so I figure I did ok.

Not monitoring ebay all the time, I've also seen the SIR-T151 going for around $200-$225

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Costco has the SIR-T151 new in the box for $219. Although this is widely available on the West Coast it may or not be available elsewhere at Costco by now.

Rick R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.