AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my projector as soon as I got back from Iraq with visions of life size Dance Dance Revolution exercise sessions in the basement.

While I have never actually played DDR on it... it is probably the best investment I've ever made with the possible exception of my motorcycle.

Anyway, I am in Colorado Springs and was wondering if there are any other CRT enthusiasts in my area.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
880 Posts
Mark, there area a few in Denver for sure. Look up Draganm and GEBrown.

Glad to hear that you made it back from Iraq ok. We appreciate and thank you for your sacrifice. You stationed at Ft. Carson?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genma /forum/post/0

While I have never actually played DDR on it... it is probably the best investment I've ever made with the possible exception of my motorcycle.

Mark

Don't know what DDR is but the projector is a lot less likely to get you killed than that motorcycle unless you hang it from the ceiling incorrectly

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm /forum/post/0

Don't know what DDR is but the projector is a lot less likely to get you killed than that motorcycle unless you hang it from the ceiling incorrectly

Oh, so THAT'S why you only ride your bicycle - weighs a lot less!!

Mark,

Yeah, there are a few of us in the front range area. I'm in the southern end of Denver, Dragan is farther north. PAW is somewhere in between us and there are others.

What kind of PJ do you have?

You helped us out over in the sandbox, I for one would be happy to help you if I can.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
From Curt's Referral List (US) :

Name: Gary Fritz

Contact: Email: fritz (at!) frii.com, Username 'garyfritz' on the CRT Forum.

Qualifications: I'm no expert but I might be able to help someone with an NEC. I've done pretty major calibration work on my XG852. Willing to demo.

Name: Dragan Mejic

Qualifications: Happy to demo my Mike Parker modded 8500 for anyone curious about CRT front projection or unhappy with the pic from a bulb-machine. I can also re-tube, install, set-up, repair the Marquee line of Electrohomes.

Kal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I have a Sony 1270Q. I'm building a new screen tonight and will probably mount it tomorrow then comes the arduous task of calibrating and focusing.

I wanted to get the basement finished first, but no time or money right now.

I keep looking at others theaters and get a little overwhelmed. Someday, I'll get mine set up.

Thanks for the responses.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.