AVS Forum banner

Looking for Pc speaker suggestions.

376 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  thejsm 
#1 ·
I am going to be building a new pc here within a couple months and never owned a good audio setup for my MMO gaming habits.

I have a home theater which consists of a full Martin Logan setup in which I love the sound.

I been doing some research and most people seem to bash the pc setup speakers such as the Bose companions and the other similar setups.

I'm not looking to go to the point of extreme but a nice 2 speaker setup. I have a extra Avr laying around that should be able to get me buy. It's a Harmon kardon. Would like to stay under 300 for the pair.

In open to all suggestions. It don't have to be the latest and greatest I don't mind buying a used setup from a year or two ago at a steal.

Let me know what you guys think.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Prefer to use powered monitors for PC setups since all you need are just the right splitters and cables to go from the 3.5mm PC output to RCA or XLR. I have the Emotiva Airmotiv 5 which are powered at 100 watts each. I have them, a 30" monitor, and two small form factor computers on a 30" x 60" office desk. They are above your budget st $450 though.

Since you already have a receiver then you can just look at some decent passive speakers. I like Definitive Technology and use those in my main room. The older Studio Monitor series are very good neutral speakers and Newegg often has these on sale. The SM 350 are currently $150 and are rated at 20 to 200 watts each.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121  /t/1468790/looking-for-pc-speaker-suggestions#post_23216925

I am going to be building a new pc here within a couple months and never owned a good audio setup for my MMO gaming habits.

I have a home theater which consists of a full Martin Logan setup in which I love the sound.

I been doing some research and most people seem to bash the pc setup speakers such as the Bose companions and the other similar setups.

I'm not looking to go to the point of extreme but a nice 2 speaker setup. I have a extra Avr laying around that should be able to get me buy. It's a Harmon kardon.

Which one?
Quote:
Would like to stay under 300 for the pair.

In open to all suggestions. It don't have to be the latest and greatest I don't mind buying a used setup from a year or two ago at a steal.

What about your situation with regards to space? Is size of the essence?

#8 ·
I'm running a Yahama RX671 with JBL Studio 190's. Love my new setup, roommates hate me on the other hand.

and for 250 for the pair, they cannot be beat in the same price range.

For dedicated PC power I'd go with the new Corsair series.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836852001

Just find them on sale.

If you want to go with bookshelves.

I was honestly really happy with my HSU HB-1 MK2's, I just wanted a fuller sound without a sub. Hence the upgrade, but they are truly fantastic speakers.

I used them with these stands and they were perfect.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BJ2EDW/ref=pe_175190_21431760_C1_cs_sce_dp_1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.