AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this issue has been raised before, and I've done a search on this forum and looked over at remotecentral.com, but to no avail.

I have managed to find discrete IR codes for On/Off for my 503, but like many others, would love to find the discrete codes for the various aspect ratios: 4:3, wide, full, zoom, etc.

Has anyone ever found these? If so, how can I get them?

Thanks...

Rich

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
For some reason the search function is not as good as it used to be. I have searched using keywords for stuff that I know has been posted but did not find it. I am now resorting to using user name searches. EricBee is your man for all Pio stuff. This is as good as it gets I think:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=122326

No aspect raio codes and I'm not sure if the format works for you but at least it's better than just on and off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Divvy; the thread you referenced was one I had already seen. And I do have the discrete On/Off codes, which, as you point out, are a lot better than the simple toggle codes you can learn off the 503 remote.

I was hoping to find someone who has cracked this issue of getting the discrete aspect ratio codes - if they even exist. Certain macros I'd like to set up on my remote would require those.

The only hope I have currently is to try a number of the Pioneer TV codes, some of which include RPTV's, which have variable aspect ratios that are similar to the 503. Perhaps with a little luck, I'll find someone who has figured this out for one of Pio's other sets, and this might work for the 503.

Rich

·
Registered
231 Posts
should these codes work for the 5030 given the separate media box?

I guess I can try and find out, but I am a relative newbie with this remote stuff so would rather not spend many hours if someone knows off the top of their head.

thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adam - can't tell you if the discrete On/Off codes mentioned above will work or not with the media box. My educated guess says yes, they probably will. Manufacturers usually stay reasonably consistent box-to-box with these things. The way I found my discrete On/Off codes was to try some from a Pio RPTV set.

By the way, on the 5030 and media box combo - does the remote that comes with that unit differ from the standard 503 remote? The 503 remote has a notation at the bottom that says "Plasma Display AXD1459". I wonder if yours on the 5030 is any different, and if so, does it offer any individual buttons for the different aspect ratios (4:3, wide, zoom, etc.)

Rich

·
Registered
299 Posts
The remote with the 503HD is completely different from the 503CMX remote.

Many more functions have to be controlled for the media box and I seem to recall reading somewhere that Pioneer sourced the media box elsewhere so I'd guess that the discrete codes are not all that likey to be the same I'm afraid.

No harm in trying though.

Mark

·
Registered
231 Posts
It only has 1 button for changing the display mode . Will try the 503 codes when I get a chance, though just to find out.

Adam

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 4330HD and I am also trying to find discrete codes for aspect ratio and input. I believe that the Pioneer sets (at least the STB) are actually from Sharp (PDP-4330HD seems a lot like the Sharp PZ-43HV2U). So the codes may likely come from another Sharp remote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.