AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a pre-amp for a dedicated 2 channel setup. I only plan to have a disc player and a media streamer. I want the flexibility of having the DAC built into the pre-amp (for cheap digital devices that I might use once in awhile). And I only need a couple analog inputs. Ideally, it would have balanced outputs since that's what my amp takes. Balanced inputs would be good too, but is more of a nice to have than the outputs.

I've seen the Accuphase C-2000 and DC-330 (probably more than I want to spend). Looking for other options. It seems that I'm paying for a lot of stuff I'll never used in many models. I'd rather sink that into the quality of the stuff I will use, or simply reduce the price overall.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Bryston makes preamps with DACS built in and and has XLR ins and outs. The BP26DA would be the model. Like the Accuphase gear, Bryston won't be cheap. However the Bryston gear is no frills with extremely high build quality and solid engineering.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.