AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a progressive scan dvd changer. I've tried the JVC models and didn't care for them. I've searched the forum hoping to find info on a Panasonic model.

Does Panasonic plan on making a progressive scan dvd changer with the same technology as the Rp62 or 82?

I'm not locked into a Panasonic changer, but there players seem to be the best when it comes to video and price.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
726 Posts
Depending on your price point, the Kenwood 5700 is a 5-disk changer that can be purchased for ~$800. It also includes DVD-A. Of course, there are also the mega-changers that handle hundreds of disks. Kenwood 5900 is just one example.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom J. Davis
Does Panasonic plan on making a progressive scan dvd changer with the same technology as the Rp62 or 82?
Yes, the CP-72. A 5 disc changer that'll be about $50 more than the RP-82.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Two weeks ago I got the new Yamaha DVD-C920 to replace my Toshiba 6200. The Yamaha is outstanding on DVDs, plus it will do a random shuffle play on CDs without repeating any selection (something the JVC cannot do). I paid $525 ($75 off list) at an authorized local Yamaha dealer. It uses the Faroudja chip and the motion sequences on films are even better than the 6200 (which was a great machine). It also does DVD-A. Check it out: http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi...D00010DVD-C920

·
Registered
14 Posts
Neal: Finally, someone has bought the Yamaha. I've had my eye on it for months as have other people. I have yet to find a decent review of it ANYWHERE. If you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts and experiences on it, I would greatly appreciate it. Have you used the DVD-A feature yet? How about as a regular CD player? More on the DVD picture quality would be great as well.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.