AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple of ShowStoppers last night as open-box units. Well, no-box units... :-( I really wanted to go for the rebate, but no joy there. Anyway, I didn't know what was and wasn't supposed to go with them, and when I got home, I found neither had the IR Blaster. The store (Good Guys) says they don't have 'em, and suggested I order from Panasonic, who wants $35 a pop! Is there anywhere else to get them from? Is it any sort of an off-the-shelf item, or are they Panasonic proprietary?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Go to smarthome.com and get a single emitter IR blaster. It'll cost you about $10 each including shipping.

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
And while you are waiting for delivery... a mono mini-jack and almost any clear led will work $1.99 @ ratshack. Well if you buy one get an emitter. You just have to figure out the polarity (only 2 choices) The blaster tails from a VCRs also work.

Edit: and don't try the LED trick if there is any danger you could short it out... you know who you are.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! :) I was looking around the Radio Shack site looking for these. Does anyone know if RS carries them, or where a local place might be to get one? I've been waxing enthusiastic about my ShowStopper all day, and my friend wants hers hooked up ASAP... ;-) I'd like to find a part locally that I can use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.