AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a set of Etymotic ear canal phones and wonder how others solve this problem. I hate to take these in and out of my ear all the time and need a simple utility that plays back the Microphone input of a sound card in real time. No recroding just plain pass through from the Microphone input to a selectable sound card output.

Ideally a little tool that sits in the task bar and I can press on to activate if I need to listen to my surroundings.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Thomas

·
Registered
888 Posts
A lot of sound cards have a monitor mode, you just enable the mic input and turn on monitoring in the mixer (revo's is on the input/other tab, although I have not tried it with my revo so it is conceivable that this monitor does something else...)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, many sound cards allow you to monitor but here is my scenario. I have an Echo Indigo output only sound card that I am using in my laptop.

Instead of ripping out my ear canal phones if someone wants to talk to me I would like to use the microphone on the laptop to respond to outside requests. Therefore the mixer for the built-in sound card does not do me much good. I need a little application that copies the bits from the Microphone input of the built-in sound card to the output on the Indigo. I basically need aplayer that can play back Microphone-in.

Ideally this is something that I can push when needed and it otherwise stays out of the way.

Anyone?

Cheers

Thomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.