AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We just got back from Walmart with the Vizio VSB200 and cannot get it to work with the provided RCA cables. My husband does not have problems hooking things up and it's a very easy set-up so we think the unit could be defective. The unit is a little large and we are using it on a stand in front of a Sony Bravia 46W5100, and there are a few things we don't like about it anyway so it's back in the box and ready to go back.

Rather than exchange for a new one, I was hoping I could get some recommendations here. Are there any decent sound bars similar to this one that do not require a subwoofer? Another option would be to upgrade to something with a wireless subwoofer (hopefully one that is compact). We like the new Sony HCTC500 but the subwoofer is not wireless. Should we be looking for a unit with HDMI? Our maximum budget would probably be around the price of the Sony on Amazon -- around $379.

Thank you for any information or recommendations you can provide!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

So we have a new VSB200 and it seems to be working fine and was a simple and easy hookup. It is definitely larger than I would like it to be since I have it sitting in front of our Sony on the TV stand and it blocks the on/off control for the TV.

Can anyone who has this sound bar tell me how well they feel the SRSTruVolume works? I don't feel that it works the way it is supposed to, however, for the price, it sounds great and what we need -- just an upgrade for the TV speakers. We are going to try it for a few days.... but are there any other suggestions out there? We like the Sony but don't want the wired subwoofer.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts