AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently have a Denon 3808ci and am looking for a replacement receiver. There is noting wrong with the unit but it doesn't fo 3D. I am presently looking at the Denon 3311 and the Integra 50.2. I only need speakers in the family room with maybe something outside so the three zones is not important. Any recomendations would be great as far as pro and con. I need to be able to power B&W 600 speakers. If there is anything else I should consider please let me know. I am looking in the $1200 range. I would also like to sell the 3808ci what would be a fair price to ask?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am curious about the quality of the pioneer since the price point is around $450 and the emotive looks nice but it is only and amp. I am looking for a receiver. I want a receiver that is going last me longer than two years.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
The pre-outs on the VXS-1120 drive the external amp - B&W's like power.

It is a very tough market right now and the 1120 entered late - Pioneer needs to move units and the sub $500 pricing from authorized dealers like Amazon reflect that. MSRP was $750.

It is a very capable unit, and when used as a preprocessor you get all the bells and whistles (including network and internet radio capability) for much less than a typical, limited, stand alone a/v preprocessor unit.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/0

The pre-outs on the VXS-1120 drive the external amp - B&W's like power.

It is a very tough market right now and the 1120 entered late - Pioneer needs to move units and the sub $500 pricing from authorized dealers like Amazon reflect that. MSRP was $750.

It is a very capable unit, and when used as a preprocessor you get all the bells and whistles (including network and internet radio capability) for much less than a typical, limited, stand alone a/v preprocessor unit.

This.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I looked a B&W's site and the speakers are 8 ohm nominal with varying sensitivity depending on which model in the 600 series you own. You could look at the Yamaha RX-A1000 or the Denon 3311. Both should have lots of power to handle those speakers.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts