Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ensyed:
Doesnt Sony make a HDTV capable Wega which is less than 32 inches? You may want to check that out.

The Sony only does 480 and 1080..try Sampo, Samsung or Monovision. I believe all three brands build 27" sets that are really nothing more than large computer monitors. My 32" Sampo accepts 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i without up/downconverting. It also has two sets of component inputs plus an RGB input. I seem to recall the Samsung HD capable 27" monitor is under $1,000.00 at retail.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't know how small you want to go, but I sometimes hook up my Samsung STB to my 17" computer monitor. Even 19" monitors are pretty cheap these days, and they will all do any scan rate.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Weren't the latest Princeton monitors tailored for 720p? Presume they'll display as much of 1080i as most other direct views. Feature charts are at this Twice site . -- John

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
If your box can output RGB, and you already have audio covered then my vote would be for a 24" 16:10 Sony GDM-FW900 computer monitor...

It will show full 1080i with more detail than most anything out there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for all of the insight. I now have several good starting points for my research. Thanks.

------------------

"What we have here, is a failure to broadcast HDTV."

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Just out of curouisity why would you want such a small HDTV? I wouldnt think there would be much of a huge difference between regular tv and HDTV at that size.

·
Registered
170 Posts
In line with the recent thread regarding multiple HDTV ownership, I am considering purchasing a second HDTV for the home. Less than 32" screen width is the first requirement. The second requirement is that it has extremely high-end picture quality. Third, I would like it to be able to do native 480p, 720p and 1080i. Is such a set available and who sells it?

------------------

"What we have here, is a failure to broadcast HDTV."

·
Registered
517 Posts
Doesnt Sony make a HDTV capable Wega which is less than 32 inches? You may want to check that out.

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
399 Posts
Oh, believe me there is a difference. Even my, shall we say, unsophisticated friends, see an obvious difference between NTSC and HDTV or even SD-DTV. This is on a Princeton 2.7AV.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Panasonic DT-M3050W.

Best kept secret in HD monitors.

Broadcast quality, multiple component/RGB inputs, superior NTSC performance, service adjustments directly available on remote, and hands down the best picture quality of any HD monitor under 30K.

Lists for $4300; B-stock available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.