Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

OK...I've looked at all the pictures and read many of the threads and STILL I have questions about how I'm going to fabric my room "properly" with the fewest seems and have it look halfway decent.

Sooooo....is there anyone in the Dallas area that has done this and would be willing to lend an hour or so of time to help walk me through it? (where to put the firring strips, all the chicken and egg questions, etc...) Maybe...and this is probably wishing way too much....would someone be willing to help when the day comes? Lunch/Dinner, Beer, and a whole bunch of "Thank you"s would be your likely payment.

Any help would be appreciated! It's the only part of the project left that I'm worried I'll really screw up.

Thank you!!

Darren

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'm not in the Dallas area, but here are some suggestions. If it is a dedicated room, install columns along the walls. You can place the columns so that you don't have any seams. You can also cover seams with beading/cording that you glue in place. Not knowing your situation, I can't be much more specific. You can go to HERE and look at my construction photos and maybe that will help some. Also, if you are going to use GOM fabric, let me know and I'll give you a name and number that will save you some money.

Good luck!

Tom

·
Registered
625 Posts
Darren, I could give you some pointers if you like. Check out my pictures to see if that's what you would like and send me a PM and we can get togerther to work something out. Were close neighbors so it should be easy to do.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Hey Darren, I live on the far side of the metroplex. I haven't done the fabric walls yet but I'd be willing to meet for the free dinner and beer. ;D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom - Thanks for the fabric contact! Since he's in NC I think I'll wait a day or two... :)

Jeff - You have a PM.

Toxarch - I think I'm a bit weary about inviting a Sith Lord over...ESPECIALLY one with beer in him! :) Always willing to get together with someone to talk HT though.

Darren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.