AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just purchased a western element 2TB external, a wireless keyboard, and a polk CS1 center speaker (pretty excited cause that just made my viewing expierence sooo sick w/ the wireless keyboard and all that room to store my movies and shows haha). I never processed for some reason that I needed a reciever/amplifier for the center speaker to work instead I just kind of hoped it would just plug into my VAIO laptop. I have a 42" pioneer TV that hooks up to my laptop with a hard hdmi cable. So far I've been looking at stuff like
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882184508
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0FU0AT4494

but I really don't know as much about this stuff as you vets do so some help is needed. I am willing to drop up to $300 to $400 preferably $300. If there is a home theater setup that is decent that comes with a amp/rec that is great too. And if it has a wood finish on the outside that just betters it's awesomeness for me. Also a setup guide would be great like what wires I need to buy. If you need anymore information just comment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main thing is really that I want my sound from my computer coming through the speaker so I was told I needed a receiver to do that. If there is some other way I can get around that with certain wires I can. McGyver action. If it is a small reciever(or amplifier to tell you the truth not really sure which is the one manning the speakers) I would not complain. The receiver most likely will need a usb since I am connecting it to the computer. Or it might not you guys probably will know best. Teach me your electrical setup ways people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I am using the HDMI output on the computer to connect it to the tv. Would I be able to use one of the hdmi ports on the tv? and would I be able to hook that center speaker at all to the product you just listed

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help should I find some tower speakers or is there a different type that is better fitting. I live in a small apartment for the summer, but will be moving back into a big house when school starts up again. So I'd prefer better, louder sound if possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts