AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's too many misunderstood words if you ask me, but whatever the reason I don't want to spend 20+ hours trying to properly configure my three new subwoofers only to just maybe get it right. Therefore, I'm looking for someone in the Tampa, FL or central Florida area experienced with subwoofer setup that would be willing to come out to my place and properly set-up, phase, and calibrate my (2) SVS PB12-Plus/2 and (1) HSU MBM-12 subwoofers the way they are meant to be setup.

If you're experienced in this area and would be willing to trek over to my place (located in Clearwater, just 10 minutes west of Tampa) to set these subs up to their full potential please shoot me a PM and we can discuss a fair price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a post I made in another thread which sheds some more light on the situations:

"I'm going to have my own challanges with phasing and whatnot as I'm in a similar position as you. I've got one SVS PB12-Plus/2, with the second one arriving today, and they will be about 12 feet from each other with the second one being just 3 to 4 feet from the listening position and the first one being about 14 feet from the listening position. To make the challenge even more difficult I've got a HSU MBM-12 that I'm placing directly (as in touching against) behind the main seating position (couch).

I'm looking to bring in a pro, perferably from these boards so if any of you guys know anyone in the central Florida area who is good with configuring multiple subs, please let me know."

·
Registered
307 Posts
Im in tampa by mac dill air force base. While i couldnt help you with using any equalizing equipment i do have a spl meter,and have a good ear. I will be getting a +2 .We will be the only ones in the area with that particular sub. I think there is a place (dont remember name) in clearwater on court and myrtle st. I think there is another place in st pete called sounds terrific. I bought my current sub at cooper per stereo that WAS om us 19 and 110th but they went out of buisness. since you didnt buy the subs from there I dont know if they will help but money talkes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I needed to calibrate a +2 and PCU at opposite ends of my living room. I e-mailed SVS and Tom sent me a detailed step by step (simple) instructions on how to do it. I'm sure they'd do the same for you. It was a great learning experience for me. You will also then have the knowledge on how it was set up so that you won't be afraid to tweak your system as you listen to it. Also no service charges to re-set up your system if something comes out of adjustment.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
I would help mate, but I'm extremely busy with some twin sonotube 18" subs we are building. My partner in crime, Chasw98 is also extremely experienced setting things up, more so probably, and unfortunately he is very busy as well.

but I wont be working on it this saturday, and have another commitment, so perhaps you can talk to him and see if you can arrange something for him to help ya....send him a PM and see what the logistics/cost/etc would be

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon2807 /forum/post/0

I think it's too many misunderstood words if you ask me, but whatever the reason I don't want to spend 20+ hours trying to properly configure my three new subwoofers only to just maybe get it right. Therefore, I'm looking for someone in the Tampa, FL or central Florida area experienced with subwoofer setup that would be willing to come out to my place and properly set-up, phase, and calibrate my (2) SVS PB12-Plus/2 and (1) HSU MBM-12 subwoofers the way they are meant to be setup.

If you're experienced in this area and would be willing to trek over to my place (located in Clearwater, just 10 minutes west of Tampa) to set these subs up to their full potential please shoot me a PM and we can discuss a fair price.

Give me a PM and I can help you setting them up. Either by coming to visit (My son goes to USF and I have cousins in the area) or getting you going over the phone. You would be better off learning how to do the basics so that you can tweak them yourself. The tools are inexpensive and sometimes free. Passing the knowledge is fine with me. You know, teach a man to fish, etc., etc. Let me know.

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.