AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm trying to arrange a projector and stereo speakers in my living room, but the layout isn't ideal. Partly, I'm trying to decide between a short or a long wall placement.

I've attached images of my two potential layouts.

The room is 20'11" x 11' 11", with a 2' 7" opening into the kitchen on the left, and a 3' 4" wide hallway on the right, neither with doors. On the opposite wall is a large sliding glass patio door, with the opening in the middle, and a fixed pane on either side, totaling 9' wide. Due to the thermostat's placement, the widest image I can project on the wall between the two openings is 80" wide.

I don't care that much about the projector image, as I'm still saving for even an entry level hd projector, and am projecting onto the wall. The speakers are a pair of pioneer fs-52, bought on the recent amazon sale. The red couch is actually a giant beanbag sack, and the grey circle is a generic amount of keepout space that I need to keep relatively clear, somewhere in the room. I'd prefer to keep the speakers away from the right wall, as I share that with neighbors.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I like the second image the best out of the 2. Are you thinking all free standing speakers? Are you looking to go 2.0, 3.1 or 5.1?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Currently i'm doing 2.0 with the floorstanders. My upgrade path is going to be first getting a proper receiver, instead of just a 2 channel amplifier, and then moving 2.1, 3.1, 5.1. The center and satellites are unlikely to be freestanding, just due to space issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts