AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Kef 3005's the best theater speakers out right now? I didn't even know there was a 5005 model out, are they much better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
lol. in before the lock .... J/K


what is your budget?

What music do you listen too?

Percentage movies to music?

are you running a sub? what kind?

any size limits?

WAF limits?


etc...

give us some backround.

What speakers do you have?

What do you like/dislike about each?

Which have you auditioned? thoughts about those....


list is TOO... long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdotcantu2 /forum/post/14186953


Are the Kef 3005's the best theater speakers out right now? I didn't even know there was a 5005 model out, are they much better?

like best small speakers....or like best....speakers??? Cause definately not best speakers. But for the small speakers out their, they are pretty good, but still not the "best"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-me /forum/post/14186993


lol. in before the lock .... J/K


what is your budget?

What music do you listen too?

Percentage movies to music?

are you running a sub? what kind?

any size limits?

WAF limits?


etc...

give us some backround.

What speakers do you have?

What do you like/dislike about each?

Which have you auditioned? thoughts about those....


list is TOO... long

Money isn't an option

Every music

Every movie

The best of the best. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just good/great/brilliant speakers I can put in my living room, that aren't 10K of course. . . what else competes with the Kef's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdotcantu2 /forum/post/14187013


Money isn't an option

Every music

Every movie

The best of the best. . .


The problem with speakers is that best is subjective.

some think that them most expensive are the best.


Pulliamm ( and only Pulliamm
) thinks that the Alesis Monitor One is the best at ~ $200 hehe


Do you want the best passive or powered speaker?

Do you want the best bookshelf or floorstander?


Do you see a patern in my questioning?


I assume you asking for real, and not trying to start one of these slugfest "I'm right and you're wrong" threads
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah unfortunately I don't have $700,000 to spend right now, but I would say under $3,000? The reason why, I've heard the KEF's in person hooked up to a big screen (not cinematic) and they sounded excellent along with it's subwoofer. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdotcantu2 /forum/post/14187084


Yeah unfortunately I don't have $700,000 to spend right now, but I would say under $3,000? The reason why, I've heard the KEF's in person hooked up to a big screen (not cinematic) and they sounded excellent along with it's subwoofer. . .

Your budget is under $3000 and your seriously considering KEFs!!!!! oh goodness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdotcantu2 /forum/post/14187013


Money isn't an option

Every music

Every movie

The best of the best. . .

so the best on ther best under 3k

now we are getting somewhere.

I am not trying to be a punk. I say this because I know I am sounding like one. You are just being a bit vague. and I am asking questions, that if answered, would help myself and MANY others help you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
"audiogon.com" for value/used high-end speakers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also another reason I mention the KEF speakers is because a lot of sites have them listed as "The Top Pick" i.e. better than Bose, and other brands. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,117 Posts
Oh how I wish I was in retail sales right about now....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdotcantu2 /forum/post/14187155


Also another reason I mention the KEF speakers is because a lot of sites have them listed as "The Top Pick" i.e. better than Bose, and other brands. . .

Ummm.......errrrr.........uhhhhh.........


Soooo much to learn, sooooo little time, but I'll tell ya this. You came to the right place. Go through some of the speaker threads here. Read, read and then read some more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,494 Posts
Is it $3k for a pair? Check out tanzanite , ssr and rc4 . After a lot of research, Selah Audio speakers seem to be the best value in high end audio to me. If it was a typical B&M brand of that quality of parts and design, they would cost 5-10x more I bet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg /forum/post/14187432


Oh how I wish I was in retail sales right about now....


You said it, not me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
With virtually no useable information to go on, if it were my $3000, I would get:

Monitor Audio:

Fronts= RS6's

Center= RS-LCR

Surrounds= RS1's

Sub= Epik Caliber or Elemental Designs A5-350 w/LT 550 amp upgrade

or

Aperion Audio

Fronts=6T Towers

Center= 6C

Surrounds= 5B or 6B (if m-ch music is involved)

Sub= same as above
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top