AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a well built, inexpensive LCD TV to use as a TV. I have a fully light-controlled theater room with a DLP projector and 120 screen that I use for movie watching, so I don't care if the TV has 100,000:1 contrast or 1000:1 contrast. I just want something that is inexpensive and well built (won't break 3 days after the warrantee runs out). The problem with most reviews is that they are so worried about minute shadow detail differences that they miss the fact that these are TVs, not theater projectors.

My TV room has very poor light control (west windows), and the sofa is 12 feet away from where the TV will go. So, I am looking for a 52 LCD for a good price. Does anybody have any recommendations? I would go with Vizio, but I am hearing enough concerns about build quality to steer me away from that brand. I'm also staying away from Plasma because the light control is non-existent, and I'm worried about reflections.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks,

--Mark

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have been very happy with my 42" and 52" 1080p Vizio LCDs for a year now. Their customer service was also excellent when they replaced my flush wall mounted 52" due to one bright pixel.

As with most LCDs in this relatively immature market, your mileage may vary regardless of brand and price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts