AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, looking for any advice on getting my plasma to look as nice as it can be. What settings are the experts using.

I can't use those Avia DVDs as my images look worse than before. So just looking for some help.

Like what number set for picture and tint and such.

Are you guys using the Warm/Cool features?

Or the Cinema/Standard?

Stuff like that, thanks

T

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I tried some of the setting recommendations at a store just for kicks. I realize the environment in the store is probably radically different than home viewing conditions, but I felt the whites were lacking in all of the setups. They just didn't sparkle. Do you guys notice this as a problem? Can you recommend settings to give me a taste of what the display is capable of even in a store environment.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brick33308
I just ordered the 42PWD6UY. Do you think the tweaks for the 42PA2OU will work identically on mine?
Not precisely. The menus are apparently different. I found this out in a different thread a week or two ago. The 42PA20U has settings from 0-63, where as on the 6UY zero is the middle of the range and you can go into negative numbers. So if you saw some video setting for the 42PA20U set to 33, that might or might not be equivalent to 0 on the 6UY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.