AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've got it narrowed down to a couple different players. My main concerns are these:

1. Video quality (I'll be using component into a Sharp 9000 projector). I currently have a Panasonic CP72 but am uninspired by it's video performance.

2. Audio quality (both DD/DTS and SACD/DVD-A). I am not sure if there will be a big difference in these players or not.

3. Price. Need to keep it under $500 (player can be used)

4. Build quality. Really shouldn't be an issue, but might be.

Here are the players! (in no order)

1. Denon 2900

2. Pioneer 47a

3. Pioneer 563a

4. Denon 2200

Any help would be appreciated. I have never owned a Pioneer unit, so I'm a little biased towards Denon. But would be willing to give Pioneer a try.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X6500H, Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500, Martin Logan Speakers
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sadcaper
I think I've got it narrowed down to a couple different players. My main concerns are these:

1. Video quality (I'll be using component into a Sharp 9000 projector). I currently have a Panasonic CP72 but am uninspired by it's video performance.

2. Audio quality (both DD/DTS and SACD/DVD-A). I am not sure if there will be a big difference in these players or not.

3. Price. Need to keep it under $500 (player can be used)

4. Build quality. Really shouldn't be an issue, but might be.

Here are the players! (in no order)

1. Denon 2900

2. Pioneer 47a

3. Pioneer 563a

4. Denon 2200

Any help would be appreciated. I have never owned a Pioneer unit, so I'm a little biased towards Denon. But would be willing to give Pioneer a try.

Thanks!!
sadcaper,

The Denon 2900 cost $1,000 and the Pio $1,200. However, you may find the Pio for almost $600. One thing with them is that the Pio DV-47Ai and Denon 2900 have the Chroma Upsampling Error. The Pio DV-563A doesn't have this error and Denon claims the 2200 and the 2900 (with latest update) don't have it.

Also, the Denon has better deinterlacer, video DACs and Audio DACs. But I still recommend you to borrow them to compare if that's the kind of performance you're looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.