AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the Onkyo 503 75watts high current receiver and just upgraded to HTD Lavel three towers. (they sound sweet)

I'm looking for an upgrade to this amp. I like what I hear but prefer a richer sound. I'm hoping going to a higher quality receiver. In the range of 500 +/-

I've only had Onkyo receivers. My previous Onkyo was a 7xx series 100 watt mated to a NHT 2.5 three way tower. That was sweet. So I just want to run these L3's to their potential.

Even though I am happy with the 503, I cant help but feel they could sound better.

I only know Onkyo and have contemplated the

Onkyo 703 @ 449 Shop Onkyo

803 @ 599 Shop Onkyo

804 @ 649 Circuit City

I am not married to Onkyo and am willing to look at other brands. And I do not want any bells and wistles, just raw power. No Hdmi or any video features are needed, at least I don't want to pay for those things I'd probably never use.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodynlily /forum/post/0

I own the Onkyo 503 75watts high current receiver and just upgraded to HTD Lavel three towers. (they sound sweet)

I'm looking for an upgrade to this amp. I like what I hear but prefer a richer sound. I'm hoping going to a higher quality receiver. In the range of 500 +/-

I've only had Onkyo receivers. My previous Onkyo was a 7xx series 100 watt mated to a NHT 2.5 three way tower. That was sweet. So I just want to run these L3's to their potential.

Even though I am happy with the 503, I cant help but feel they could sound better.

I only know Onkyo and have contemplated the

Onkyo 703 @ 449 Shop Onkyo

803 @ 599 Shop Onkyo

804 @ 649 Circuit City

I am not married to Onkyo and am willing to look at other brands. And I do not want any bells and wistles, just raw power. No Hdmi or any video features are needed, at least I don't want to pay for those things I'd probably never use.

If sq is your main criteria get the 703 and save the $$. All the receivers listed will have comparable sq, it's the features that seperate them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.