AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gotta buy it from best buy cause i have a card there. anyways, most i can spend is 2k$ that includes tax.

i recently had a panasonic tau 36inch 4:3 and now i want to get a widescreen rear projection.. tv will sit avout 10 ft away, anyone know which would be the best? i know looking at tv's at bestbuy is retarded cause they always have bad feed. but im a HUGE dvd watcher, and that's what the tv will be used for mostly.

also if i could hook up my computer to it with ati comonent cables, that would be a bonus.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd recommend the Sony KP-51WS510 it has a great OOTB PQ and when calibrated and converged it blows me and my friends away. Sony's site has it for $400 more than i got it for with tax and delivery (sorry not from a best buy store, but they sell this model). BTW, its a CRT RPTV and it has DVI with HDCP. I wud recommend this set to anyone. I wud've got a dlp but i couldn't afford it :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
just bought the kp57ws510 today at Best Buy after two weeks of solid research.

I too couldn't afford DLP or LCD and the 57WS510 provides good "bang for the buck." I was able to talk the Best Buy guys down $200 from the current store price in addition to 30 months of interest free financing. Not a bad deal. I expect delivery on 1/27 and will post impressions soon thereafter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i know it may not be cutting edge but JVC makes a nice crt rptv in 48" that sells around here for just under $1G. and it don't look bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.