Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i am so freshy with Video processors i am going to get scaler to hook up with my new Projector H79 . i don't say i want the HIGH END best and perfect picture . ONLY they work smooth good enough to enjoin as cinema flim by DVD(sdi out to scaler) :p :D :D :D

my condition

1.i will use with DVD modify SDI NTSC DVD choise to go with denon3910 or pioneer 969avi(i think version 59avi here in USA)

2.cable tv and it is only SDTV to up scal to watch on H79 PAL system

3. it can connect with my HTPC on it because it is easy to work.

i want DVD HTPC reciver cable ALL connect to Scaler becasue H79 only 1 dvi input

i have only 3 scaler to go for becasue only 3 brands of them sell in my country i am sorry with my poor english if i write up here as broken english .

1. Iscan HD+ (SDI)

2. Lumagen HDP

3. Crystalio VPS2300 ***it is the most expensive it is going to be my last choise

Need your suggestion

·
Registered
442 Posts
Lumagen HDP

The only edge of VPS2300 over iScan and Lumagen is video deinterlacing - less or no jaggies

My own solution is using HDP Pro + Philips DFR9000 for video sources and HDP Pro alone for film sources.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply,i am not lazy, i try to used searching so far i could not get what i really look for and your adivce i will go to the shop to find out how is it because i have feeling go for Lumagen. It's only half price of VP2300 here in thailand. So i can save my budget and get the new DVD like 59avi( 969avi here ) or go for 3910 in the same time.

thank you so much.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
I believe that Optoma will be showing a scaler at CEDIA on September 9th, but I don't know how much it will be. I would guess it will be higher than the Lumagen though. From DVDO there is the VP30 that they've announced. Jason from AVScience has a great preorder price for it, but I'm not sure about shipping to overseas. Also, the introduction of the VP30 might get some people to sell their used iScan HD+ scalers (or trade them in and have DVDO sell them).

--Darin

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh i didn't know that Optoma is going to have the external video processors how it's interesting and thank you of yr feedback Darin .. if the VP30 really comes out to the market, i think some dealer in thailand will order and sell it in thailand maybe end of this year. i know that they have very very good deal and for shipping to overseas is really complicated also we have to pay HUGE tax if i just order for myself..... if you suggest the new version VP30 is arrvied. i should wait then when it in here .Thank you so much for you information Darin

tony lee

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusSzeto
Another choice is Plasma Enhancer Pro, which is the little brother of Crystalio. See:

http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/pro...hancer_pro.htm

Morpheus
:eek: :eek: :eek: Thank you Morpheus i will look and find out the plasma enhancer i heard from one who uses H77 but i dont know what the scaler he has now iscan HD+ or ? Plasma and Crystalio are going very well with PAL system he said the VP2300 has more power more colorful than the other sclaer like Lumagen or Iscan . i dont know i need to see with my eyes on the next trip down to Bangkok. Thank you agian for you feedback .

this is some idea price. what can i say we pay HUGE Tax here :mad:

us$ 1= 40 baht

VP2300 120000 = us$3000

lumagen HDP 70000 = us$1750

iscan HD+ (sdi) 75000 = us$ 1875

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would like to recomend Lumagen as the picture quality is very very good and there are a lot of features which let your calibrator to shine your projector.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-airforce
I would like to recomend Lumagen as the picture quality is very very good and there are a lot of features which let your calibrator to shine your projector.
Thank you for your kind and feedback. i went to search and read some of Lumagen HDP seems it works with PAL system very well Too :D

how about lip-sync ? Is this the big issue ? how can you work it out anyone ? i saw some member talked about AV can do the delay up to 50ms ??

i have to go back and look on my AV3805 i will call the dealer in Bangkok to find out also.

Thank you agian..

tony lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.