AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this board, so I don't know if this forum was the right one to post this thread on.

I just got a new 3d TV as a early Christmas gift, so now I'm looking at purchasing a sound system to go along with it.

Would I need a specific one since I have a 3d tv?

Should I get a HTIB? I've heard bad things about them from people on how their junk, but I figured their has to be a good one somewhere. Either that or I would buy the receiver, speakers and sub separate. I just don't want to spend a crazy amount. I know buying a affordable one might not be the best option for great surround sound, but living in my parents house still I wouldn't be able to take advantage of a really expensive one anyway since I would wake the house up lol.

I want to be able to hook up my 3d Blu Ray player,cable box, ps3, 360 and wii to the receiver. Will I be able to get surround sound out of all those things without a problem?

This will be my first sound system purchase. So I'm a new with home theater hook ups.

Appreciate any help

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Do you have any sort of budget? That would go a long way. Affordable means different things, depending on who you ask.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyanks85 /forum/post/19649424

I would say under 1000. If I were to buy separate maybe buy one at a time? Like the receiver and a couple speakers, then the other stuff down the road when I have more money.

That's a very adult attitude. I suggest a decent AV receiver, a pair of speakers and a sub. You can add the center and surrounds as funds become available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts