AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the TC-P42GT25 for my little girls room. she's ten. Amazon has a great deal right now for pretty cheap. She will be using it as a monitor for a pc too. Not sure how well it would work as a monitor too. Any ideas on what on how a pc will look with this? Also should i just get the 50 inch for 200 bucks more? What are the thoughts on this tv for owners out there? My other thought was a 40" Sony. only thing is the 40" on the sony sight does not come with a ps3. Figured i should get some free stuff out of the deal like the panasonics got.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have the Panasonic TCP65VT25 and have hooked up my HTCP to it. The HTCP has a ATI 6870 3D capable Video card. It looks amazing. Did you try to go to Best Buy or Magnolia with Amazons offer. They will match it and probably offer some free b's. I got a great deal on my TCP65VT25. Also Costco has some great deal in store too with a PS3. I have attached an earlier post below.

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to share my personal experience with purchasing my Panasonic TCP65VT25 3D Plasma TV.

I started shopping for this TV online in early November 2010 and found it for $2495.00 at this bogus website called vitoasia.com. DO NOT TRY TO BUY THIS TV FROM THEM. Luckily I used PAPAL and was able to get all my money back. The only good thing I got from them was a base price for the sales manager of Magnolia at Best Buy to work with. He said he couldn't go that low but would let me have it for $3899.99 including the 3D bluray player and the Glasses kit which included Ice Age and Coraline (at this time the TV was going for $4499.00). I said I would think about it and come back. As I continued to research different models and realized that the Panasonic TCP65VT25 was the best 3D Tv available I decided to take another look online. I found a great deal at shipbroadline.com. They had the same package listed for $3199.00. $3699.00 including a 5 year warranty. After tax and shipping it was going to be about $3899.00. So I went back to Magnolia and said I would take the TV today if he could match the proce or get the price under 4000.00 including TAX, DELIVERY, GLASSES and The 5 year warranty. After a quick call to who knows who he came back and said OK, but we only offer a 4 year warranty. So I got the Panasonic TCP 3D Plasma TV, 4 year warranty, glasses Kit, tax and delivery for #4028.00 out the door.I suggest anyone interested in the PANASONIC TCP65VT25 3D TV go to Magnolia and try the same thing. Sales have been slow this years for big box stores especially BEST BUY and MAGNOLIA. I think they may be a little desperate to unload these models. HAPPY HOLIDAYS and I'm sorry for the long winded Post.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks for the post. I know the vt25 is an awesome tv but i was looking at the gt25. I will pick up the 65" version for the front of the house soon but I already have the 65" S1 and want to sell that before moving on to a 65" 3d. I may wait for the new panny with the hard drive and hopefully a few extra tweaked settings or something. But has far as the gt25 I haven't seen it in best buy. When i get home ill take a look. THe amazon deal is awesome. Again Im getting a ps3 so a deal with one of those would be cool too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts