AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am soon to be in the market to purchase a new TV set. I am looking to get a set that is between 45 to 50 in size. I think I am set on going with a DLP.

My reason for this is from what I have read DLP's seem to have just as good a picture quality as LCD's and Plasma. Is this correct?

They also are going to have a longer life span then the other two mentioned right?

Lastly, they tend to be a considerable amount cheaper in price right?

These are my main reasons for going with a DLP. The only reason I can see for going with one of the other two is the fact that they are so small and lightweight. Are there any other reasons I should consider that I may not know of as far as the other types go?

I know the prices of LCD and Plasma are supposed to drop drastically in the next few months. Are the DLP sets going to be doing the same thing?

I plan on making my purchase in about two months or so, maybe a little less and want to be well prepared when I make my purchase. If anyone can point me in the direction of a site where I can get opinions on the best models. Keep in mind I am wanting to get a nice TV but not over load my pocket book. I would say I am willing to spend at the most about 1500.00 dollars on the set. Much gratitude in advance to those who help me with my questions. I greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
16,269 Posts
Choice of technology is just a matter of personal preferences. IMO, DLP offers better value (larger screen for less money) than flat screen LCD and plasma, and has just as good a PQ. But all that matters is what looks best to your eyes within your budget. Yes, prices for all technologies keep dropping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/0

Choice of technology is just a matter of personal preferences. IMO, DLP offers better value (larger screen for less money) than flat screen LCD and plasma, and has just as good a PQ. But all that matters is what looks best to your eyes within your budget. Yes, prices for all technologies keep dropping.

Ok then, thats what i thought as far as DLP goes. Now any tips on getting the best bang for my buck?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.