AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the PB2+ for demo in the western burbs? I would to hear the sub before buying and would appreciate anyone letting me come by and demo the unit.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a dual SVS 20-39CS+/Samson combo that should give you a good idea what the PB2+ is capable of. The combo that I have will have about a db or 2 more max output that the PB2+ from 20-100hz...By the way, I'm in a townhouse so they are for sale as well...Let me know if you want to demo them...:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that sounds very good. You do have the PB2+...what are your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
864 Posts
First....it's huge, I've got it actually sitting on it's face with the baseplate off to fit it where it performs best in my room without screwing with the TV picture. Pic here . The normal setup look is nothing special to look at, just a huge black box really. Performance wise, it is supurb with music or HT IMO. With music I can leave it at calibrated level and let it dutifully fill in the bass notes with jazz or crank it up for dance music for some thump. It's very responsive and articulate. Well for HT, again at calibrated levels, it'll shake the house no problem with whatever I throw at it. My mains would run out of gas before the sub would and I don't really need to run it "hot" to impress anyone. Well like I said, give me a PM when your interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I was able to demo both the cylinder subs at Hectic's and the PB2+ at Tuskenraider's home. First of all I would like to offer a thank you to these two fine gentlemen who opened up their homes to me and took their time to demo their beautiful subs and hometheaters.

Both subs were very impressive but the PB2+ was the clear winner. The hair on the back of my head tingled and moved. That alone was an experience in its own. That has never happened to me anywhere. Keep in mind Tuskenraider did not have the sub turned up. He was running it quite conservatively. I could only imagine what would have happened if he had the gain over 50%.

They both demoed primarily movies. The bass was tight, clean and LOUD! But not too loud. I have gone to almost every local HT store and I tell you honestly, there is not much under 5K that even comes close. Holy crap. I am still blown away. The PB2+ is in a class of its own. Go listen for yourself if you want to know what I mean. I am ordering up the PB2+ tomorrow. Money well spent.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fixed Pixel guy
I have gone to almost every local HT store and I tell you honestly, there is not much under 5K that even comes close. Holy crap. I am still blown away. The PB2+ is in a class of its own. Go listen for yourself if you want to know what I mean. I am ordering up the PB2+ tomorrow. Money well spent.
Absolutely. :) Thanks for posting your impressions. And thanks to tuskenraider and hectic1 for being such great enthusiasts to let you demo them! I'll bet that was a lot of fun! Our visit with Gordon Groff convinced my husband that an upgraded subwoofer would be worthwhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.