AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new 23'' LG HDTV/monitor combo, and am interested in a doing a simple calibration, as the set does not have many picture options. (It only basic things such as sharpness, contrast, brightness, temperature.) Should the THX optimizer suffice, or is there another easy to use calibration disc I should pick up? This screen will be used for PS3, 360, and PC gaming. Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceedkins /forum/post/18207254

alternatively, I would be grateful if someone could recommend a good calibration disc for beginners.

The Spears & Munsil Blu-ray Benchmark Disc is rated pretty good. You can get it online fom Oppo Digital $24.99

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Hey,

Sounds like the THX optimizer would fit your setup. If you don't plan on trying to adjust grey-scale, or gamma or such things then you don't need a calibration disc.

Either way, Digital Video Essentials is often much cheaper than the S&M setup disc. I would go with that one.

=Brain

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/18209125

Hey,

Sounds like the THX optimizer would fit your setup. If you don't plan on trying to adjust grey-scale, or gamma or such things then you don't need a calibration disc.

Either way, Digital Video Essentials is often much cheaper than the S&M setup disc. I would go with that one.

=Brain

Yup, I just odered DVE from Amazon. Is it pretty user friendly? I realize the disc delves into very technical details, but I'm just interested in adjusting the basics like color temp, sharpness, brightness, contrast, etc.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceedkins /forum/post/18211197

Yup, I just odered DVE from Amazon. Is it pretty user friendly? I realize the disc delves into very technical details, but I'm just interested in adjusting the basics like color temp, sharpness, brightness, contrast, etc.

that'll be a great start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts