AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to get an LG 60BP5600, but apparently I waited a day too long, and that dried up. I went to pull the trigger on it today, and they were sold out! "Product No Longer available"

So, it is down to...

a Samsung PN60F5300AFXZA ( it may be a BFXZA), for $680 local store pickup ( but I'll have to hunt down a friend with a pickup... )

OR

an LG 60PB6650, for $739.99, shipped to my home

~~~~

I don't want to procrastinate till they're all gone. Which is the better buy as to picture quality, longevity and standing behind their product, etc. I am not a daily TV watcher, but do like a quality picture for those times I want to see a good .mkv file or watch a BlueRay flick. I occasionally watch OTA HD major network stuff, but have cut the cable, at least as far as having a cable TV provider, or satellite provider.

Any recommendations?

I'd appreciate any constructive ideas or thoughts.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
494 Posts
Was going to get an LG 60BP5600, but apparently I waited a day too long, and that dried up. I went to pull the trigger on it today, and they were sold out! "Product No Longer available"

So, it is down to...

a Samsung PN60F5300AFXZA ( it may be a BFXZA), for $680 local store pickup ( but I'll have to hunt down a friend with a pickup... )

OR

an LG 60PB6650, for $739.99, shipped to my home

~~~~

I don't want to procrastinate till they're all gone. Which is the better buy as to picture quality, longevity and standing behind their product, etc. I am not a daily TV watcher, but do like a quality picture for those times I want to see a good .mkv file or watch a BlueRay flick. I occasionally watch OTA HD major network stuff, but have cut the cable, at least as far as having a cable TV provider, or satellite provider.

Any recommendations?

I'd appreciate any constructive ideas or thoughts.

Thanks,
Scott
If you keep waiting, you won't get one at all. If you only occasionally watch a Blu-ray, may just be best to get a LCD.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
The Samsung F5300 gets better reviews than the LG but you should act fast - Best Buy ran a sale on them last week, presumably to clear out their remaining inventory. It is sold out at most locations.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't get the 5300, after all. :( Best Buy's website is hopelessly out of date.

I ended up going with the LG 60PB6550.

Thanks to all. Oh, btw is there setup advice/settings and calibration tips available for this unit, on AVS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To bad www.hhgregg.com has the Sammy for $750 after the $50 discount.

but $100 for shipping...

the carrier attempted delivery today, but the driver suggested i refuse/non-accept as the package was crushed on one side. you could see tire marks where it had been run over, partially, by a forklift! the driver had already noted the damage.

they did have a pristine 4K UHD 55" Bravia Plasma ( didn't even know they made such a beast ), secured next to it. non-crushed.
i bet that thing looks sweet.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
but $100 for shipping...

the carrier attempted delivery today, but the driver suggested i refuse/non-accept as the package was crushed on one side. you could see tire marks where it had been run over, partially, by a forklift! the driver had already noted the damage.

they did have a pristine 4K UHD 55" Bravia Plasma ( didn't even know they made such a beast ), secured next to it. non-crushed.
i bet that thing looks sweet.
That was an LED you saw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts